In my first couple of months working at K2K, our boss, Ken, attended a series of conferences that took him out of state. He'd been gone for the better part of 2 weeks and the day before he came back, one of the girls decided to change the screen saver marquee on his computer from "Do it now!" to "Girls rock!" He came back to work the next day and was not happy about his new screen saver. He said something about how he hates when people mess with his computer and that the girls should get their own computers. Fearing for our lives (or our jobs) none of us touched his screen saver ever again.
Fast forward about 3 months.
I was in my new store, my new computers had just arrived, we set them up, and I set my user controls and such to how I wanted them. For my screen saver, I put a line up from "The Princess Bride". If you know our family, you know we can and frequently quote and act out the entire movie by heart. I came to work the next morning, turned on my computers, and what did I see? My screen saver had been changed. To a different line from Princess Bride. I called Ken to give him a hard time and said that he should be grateful that I don't get mad when people mess with my computers. I promptly changed my screen saver to a different, funnier line from the movie. The next morning, same story. This was war.
So for 6 weeks this went on, every time he came to my store, he'd change the screen saver, and then I'd try to outdo him the next day.
After 6 weeks, I put up the last line I could think of that we hadn't used yet. It wasn't very funny, but hey, it was the scraps. Before Ken changed it again, he called me to say he hoped I wouldn't get mad when I saw his "quote to end all quotes."
I came to work the next morning, and this is what I saw...
I'm pretty sure I lost.
4 comments:
HOW FUNNY!! I can't believe you didn't tell me that was going on! I'd have helped you :-)
sounds like a lot of fun-to be at war. great story!
Man, that's my kind of war. If you had me there, we would have wiped the floor with him. But since he's your boss I don't think I'm supposed to say that.
I thought it was even funnier that he put it up there while you were at the doctor!
Post a Comment