As you can probably tell from the lack of serious posting, I've been very busy. My store is getting crazier every day and I drive home like a zombie every night. I have no idea if I've said this already, but my last day at work is going to be November 3. When I finally had a firm date I was so relieved but very sad at the same time. I've put alot of time and energy (well really, ALL my time and energy) into my store and it's hard to leave just when we're beginning to see some of that work pay off. At the same time though, I've worn myself down too much and pushed my body further than it can really handle. I'm looking forward to the break and praying that I will be able to regain the year of lost recovery time.
I'm still trying to decide what to do about school. I will be going to school, I just don't know what I'll be doing yet. My motto is from Steel Magnolias: I can't think about that today, I'll think about that tomorrow!
It looks like Dirk is the most excited about me quitting my job. He has already enlisted me to be the church "secretary", which really means I will do all the things that he has no time to do. I'm excited about doing his phone and computer work so I can stay in my pajamas and burn my makeup. Oh happy day.
As I said, I'm not doing well physically right now. This thing that I have, whatever I have, seems to be somewhat cyclical. It flares up and slows down as it pleases. There is not pattern that I can figure out, but it certainly is vicious. After my last appointment with the doctor that was supposed to be the leading skull-base surgeon in the AF, I gave up on the system once again. I thought I would never see another doctor again and I would just deal with this myself and learn to live with it. To me, it seemed better not to see doctors and not see any progress than to constantly be hoping that THIS doctor would be the one, only to be disappointed after every appointment. But thankfully, I didn't think like that for very long and this week I picked up the phone and scheduled some more appointments. I'm praying for the forcefulness to demand some new doctors and more tests, including a vertical MRI. We'll see...
Tomorrow is Sunday! Be happy!
10/6/07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
CJ!!! i miss you dear! I'm glad you end work early in November so you can totally relax and enjoy the holidays! BTW, let me know if Dirk has any more job offers cause I would gladly fly up to work IF I can wear pajamas all day! LOL
love you forever
and ever and ever and ever and ever!
SIS! I miss you...
Hey CJ - Kristen's friend Janelle here... ever thought about public health as a field of study? just a thought. maybe i'll get to see you next time you visit.
Post a Comment