1/5/08

a Christmas Calamity

In September, my mom and I had the great idea to start a kid's Christmas musical at our church. COG is very small, just under 20 families. Most of the families have several children, so Mom and I thought we could easily get enough kids to work with. Because it was September and we were just then thinking about, we had to work very quickly. We decided to do a Psalty play because Psalty's our favorite. Every family in church signed up and we ended up with a group of 35 kids. Shelley, Beth, and I split up the directing jobs and recruited all the teenagers in the church to help us. We also, somehow, convinced a few adults to help us out, found a very willing man to play Psalty, and in the end we had a great play. Here's a few pictures from our all day rehearsal at our house, the day before the performance.

Trying to get the kids into positions for different songs...Probably the hardest part.

The smallest kids got tired very quickly, so Nate's job was to periodically get them off the deck and let them run around and climb trees.
And somtimes we had to call him in to change a few attitudes, if you know what I mean.During practice for one of the kids' favorite songs, "Fix It", Beth and I had to demonstrate for the girls exactly how to "stretch" Psalty.


The constant reminders to SMILE!
The 3 (Burger) Kings :):):)
Scarf dancers!executive director, technical director, musical director... I loved working with my sisters!

Dad's a big fan of scaring little girls.

more pics of the actual performance later!

No comments: