5/27/08

catch up

It's been a while. I'm not the best blogger in the world. My mom intimidates me with all her posting and I feel I will never measure up...

Ok, not. I'm just busy. Like everyone else in the world. We are super busy getting ready for the mission trip to the Mexico border. We're leaving on Friday! Dad and Mom aren't going with us, so it's up to me to get all 6 of us ready for a week in the heat, dirt, and humidity. Our frie
nd, Blair, and I are in charge of all the meals while we're down there. This means cooking and serving 3 meals a day for 6 days for 50+ hungry people. It also means doing all the menu planning, grocery shopping, and some meal prep before we leave on Friday. I thought it would be easy because we're both really good in the kitchen (if I may say so) but it ended up being more of a challenge than I expected. It's not easy finding meals that are easy to make in bulk, don't include too many perishable ingredients, will be healthy and filling for people who are doing physical labor, cost effective, and will appeal to babies all the way to grandparents. The good thing is, I'm good at cooking in large quantities. I always say that I'll never get married because I don't know how to cook for 2 people...only 40.

Today I've been setting up my brand new cell phone. !! We've had our old, cheap phones for several years and 5 of us have had the exact same phone. The phones were falling apart after a few months and really should have been replaced right then. But AT&T wouldn't let us get new phones till this month and this time we all got different phones. Of course Mom didn't get one because she's already cool with an iPhone. Here's the one I got...

And here's the picture that Abby took of Sam and me today with my new phone. Pretty good for a camera phone, right?
Summer school starts on June 10 and I sure am enjoying the break. Even though I'm busy, I'm not busy with school which is nice.

In medical news, well there's no news. My neurologist is conveniently on a long TDY so I haven't been able to get in to see him. Normally, I'd be fine with that because I don't like him but since I am running out of time with my insurance, it would be nice if he makes it back into town soon. I've had a few bad weeks in a row as far as pain, nausea, and dizziness go and I haven't been able to feel my hands and face for about two weeks. I am always always always extremely sensitive to lights and sounds but it's gotten alot worse during this bad spell. I've been in a perpetual bad mood because everything but complete quiet and darkness makes me hurt like none other. It hasn't been very pleasant to be around people who make noise or to have my eyes open between 7am and 10pm. I'm really praying this cycle ends quickly...I have too many other things to think about.

My spellchecker just told me that "friend" isn't a word. I had to go look it up on dictionary.com to make sure I wasn't going crazy. It is, so far, still a word.

2 comments:

Trish said...

nice camera, nice pic!

and friend isn't a word - it's a gift ;-p (don't you love spell check lol?)

Emily said...

i need to see you....really soon.

every day praying. i love you.