I'm sorry I never posted an update after all the appointments and tests. We got a little bit of new info after seeing my new doctor, but he want to say too much until after I had another set of MRIs. My dr thinks I'm going partially deaf from all the brain damage, so I'm having my hearing tested on Tuesday, MRIs will happen on Thursday, then I have a series of appointments with all of my doctors at which time I hope they will all stop fighting and agree on a new plan.
My new neurologist is nice enough but I'm still not sure why they assigned a resident to my case. He didn't seem to agree with my old doctors about what's wrong with me, so instead he wants to treat me for another, more common disease. Like I said, he didn't say alot because he didn't have the MRIs yet, but here's the gist of what he told us. He said that if he's right, he could have the pain decreased by 50% in 6 months. Unfortunately, even if he is right, the pain is the only thing that will get better. He said because of what all the other doctors, tests, and drugs have done to my brain and the rest of my body, everything else is going to be impossible to fix.
So that's one doctor. All of my other doctors think that he's wrong. They don't want me to be on some of the new drugs he gave me, and they basically just want to go a whole different route. So that's what the next 2 weeks are about--getting everyone on the same page.
As for the seizures, the EEGs came back clean. No epilepsy, so that's a great thing. All of the doctors are fairly convinced that all the seizures were provoked by one of the drugs I was on. They have taken me off of that and so far, I haven't had anymore seizures. Still can't drive though...
The store is getting busier and we're starting to make more money. (!) Being busy means there's more to do and more to keep up with so it is taking a toll on me. The pain has significantly increased in the last 2 weeks, so I'm having to pace myself a little bit better. I'm so thankful though that I'm able to work and that I have the strength to be there everyday. It's definitely a huge blessing to act like a normal person again.
You're up to date. This has been boring, I know, but I must get back to work so I'll post about more exciting things later.
4/28/07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It's not boring. Only to you, because you are so very tired of it. I'm so sorry and am praying for answers and healing.
we'll keep praying because God might just work a miracle! Have a relaxing weekend.
Praying CJ! Thanks for the update! I was (impatiently) waiting for you or your mom to fill us in!
Hey CJ -
I'm so very proud of you for all you are doing at the store, but also for doing all of that while not feeling well and with the cloud of uncertainty. Thanks for teaching some of us old dogs a trick or two.
I love you! I'm coming home soon. We'll drive around and yell Daniel Powter out the windows very soon.
Post a Comment