Well, it's been an interesting week. For some reason, we're still trying to recover and unpack from vacation while putting our house back together. Vacation was wonderful, and if Mom will ever send me the pictures, I'll put some on here. :)
We've recently been hammered at work with Back-to-School season approaching. The workload was so bad that yesterday I had to call Aubrey to come in, and I had to get another girl from one of the other stores to come over here and help Beth and me. We got through about a third of what needed to be done, and I'm hoping that we'll be very productive today.
I had an appointment yesterday with some sort of lower brain specialist who, I thought, was going to tell me that all the effects from the Chiari and CSF leaks were causing all the lower brain troubles. Instead, he told me there was "significant damage" to my brain that wasn't going to go away if they were actually able to get rid of the Chiari. He was in a hurry and didn't really elaborate on the "significant damage" (gotta love AF doctors)except to say that it made my test results from last month "very abnormal." After my next MRI in a couple of weeks, he's going to give me over to some other sort of specialist whose field I really couldn't distinguish from this doctor. Dad or Mom will be going with me to that appointment so they can take notes and, unlike me, can actually remember what the doctors say.
My best friend, Emily, was in a car accident this week and got her spine all messed up. She was in alot of pain for the first few days and so, for a change, I went over to her house to bring her magazines and ice cream and to threaten her life if she tried to walk. She's usually the one doing that to me, so it was pretty fun to be able to bark at her. Anyway, her car is finished with it's life but thankfully, Emily is doing much better and says that she'll be in to work today, which means that my store will be a happier place. :)
Time to work...
7/26/07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hurray for updates! hope emily is feeling better soon. we can't wait to see you!
i'm planning on sending a slide show of shelley's week here. it's been sitting in our van for two weeks and hasn't even come close to being mailed. so if "ya'll" are fortunate enough you'll see the greatest pics of shelley and the rest of us on dvd. i will try to send it real soon. miss you and am praying lots about your ordeal.
sending hugs,
sarah
haha we love our lives :) Norah has been on every day i'm home. the bathrobe goes on immediately as i walk in my room. the blanket is on my bed, daily used. the candle is nearly down to the bottom with use, the magazines are read, but i plan to go back through them with markers and decide what i'm going to buy in my smashing-teacups world. the ice cream is definitely long gone as you know. and the goods...well the goods...you know about those. I can't tell you how happy you made me, being with me those two days. I'm sorry to screw life up at such a prime time :)
We'll get through this season. We'll see God's faithfulness. And by His grace, we'll be able to thank Him for the crap we've walked through. It WILL make us stronger.
Hey, can I take you on a best friend date. We haven't had friend time in a long time...too much work. Let's find a time before you leave.
you know what goes here: I love you :)
me
Post a Comment