Well, I'm at the Russell's house, camped out with their 6 kids+Josiah for the next few days. Aubrey and Dirk left this afternoon on a much-needed mini vacation and left me their house, van, kids, and unfortunately, Luther. The last time they went away like this was 5 years ago. I also had their kids then, but they seem to have acquired a few more since then... :)
But it's been fine. The only one who's gotten in any trouble is Luther, who somehow thinks that I'm here to kill "his" kids. I think I might send him over to Adeana in the Cat House and see what he thinks about that. (Luther's the dog, btw.)
Miss Stephanie was SO sweet to bring back treats from DisneyLand for the kids since she knew the parents would be away. She gave me a very heavy bag of what she calls "bribery" and the big boys especially are very eager to obey and help, since they know that Pirate Candy is the reward.
Speaking of sweet people, this morning at church, Geoff (who lives next door) told me he'd be watching for any strange men, loud noises, and flashing lights coming from the house. But I told him not to worry because if I had a party, I'd invite him. :) He also granted me VIP access to his Endless Supply of DrPepper, which I'm sure many people covet.
I'll be out tomorrow renting movies and buying pizza, chocolate milk, and any other fun food I'm guilted into purchasing.
Feel free to stop by with a pep talk. As long as you're not a strange man, I'm sure Geoff will allow it.
2 comments:
A house full of kids-how exciting!!! I would love to spend some quality time with my niece and nephew. So are you driving now???
Well I saw how very much "UP" they were at 8:15 this morning... surely they are happy to be with their Doc. :) Thanks for takin on Josiah during the days, too. He keeps telling me about the gameboy, errr, I mean games you played. ((wink)) I'm sure my days at work are not nearly as exciting and full of memories. love ya!
Post a Comment