And I'd been thinking how wonderful it was that we have made it to March without anyone getting the flu...
Maybe the flu missed us after being away for so long. We are pretty famous, you know. Usually the flu comes between Thanksgiving and Christmas (Trish's favorite time of year...) but it's been busy with everyone else this year and didn't come till this weekend.
Dad hasn't moved in 3 days, a few of the Russell kids have it, and the grandKrugs have it too. I'm trying to clean alot and get some laundry done because it's only a matter of time before the rest of us can't move. The kids are eating fruit as fast as they can to try and protect themselves. I, unfortunately, can't eat anything.
I went to my orthodontist on Friday for what I thought was my final appointment before getting my braces off. Not so fast, he says, and sadly tells me that his people put the wrong wires on my teeth last time which has evidently given me an overbite. So to fix it, he put these horrible springs in that remind me of the Stone Age because of how ridiculously large they are and said to come back in 2 months. Oh, and, by the way, you can only eat mashed potatoes, jello, and pudding until then. And he was right. I can't chew anything. So if you have any leftover mashed potatoes, be sure to let me know.
A few days ago I went in to see my super cool anesthesiologists, who are my favorite doctors. I told them right away that there was no way I would ever take another dose of oxycontin and that it was the worst drug ever invented. (It is, in case you didn't know.) They were actually very nice about it and switched me to something else which is probably the best drug ever invented. The OC was fine with controlling pain, but the side effects were awful. Now, I've gotten fairly used to drug side effects and I'm not much of a complainer. I know that with every good drug comes 5 bad side effects and for the most part, I'm willing to pay the price for pain management and symptom relief. I stayed on the OC for almost 2 years before saying anything but when school started, I just couldn't handle it anymore. It made me so foggy and I completely had to give up control of my mind and body to the drug. I could not pay attention in class and was very mentally detached from whatever I was doing. Not good for school. So they understood my whining and put me on something else that is wonderful at knocking out pain while still letting me drive, take notes in class, have a conversation, and play my piano. So I'm pretty happy.
School is...alot. That's all I can say about it. I really wish that I could have eased back into school instead of going from nothing for 3 years, to 15 hours all at once. It has been making my symptoms worse but I don't think they're as bad as when I was working. I still have not missed a class yet and I thought I would have missed several by now. So that's good I guess. The people in my classes either think I'm a freak for being so conservative and not cheating on tests, or they think I'm the smartest person they've ever met. So I tell them I'm the dumbest person I've ever met to make them feel better.
On Wednesday of last week, we had to turn in papers for Psychology that explained who we are on the inside. Our professor wanted us to detail all of our thoughts, emotions, behaviors and habits, and feelings to him in a 5 page paper. Doesn't he know I don't have any feelings??! "Hearts are organs." I was so upset by this and disgusted by the thought that this guy is going to know more about me than he should, I decided to protest. I enlisted Shelley and Caleb to write 2 fake papers for me. Of course, I actually wrote my real paper and turned it in, so don't think I'm skipping out on the assignment. But, in addition to my real paper, Caleb and Shelley wrote papers detailing the emotions, behaviors, and thoughts of a dog named Claire and a mermaid named Rose. Yes, they made these characters have very screwed up emotions, real thoughts, and weird habits. It was great. We typed them out so they looked official, with the appropriate title pages and all. Of course, my name is nowhere on the papers so he probably won't know who wrote them. I turned them in on Wednesday and will hopefully learn something about their "grades" tomorrow. And the cool thing is, we have 2 more "introspections" this semester and we're going to write Claire and Rose papers for each of them. Trish said if I was her student, she would fail me. I say that if I were her student, I would tell her that she's creepy for making me explain my deepest thoughts and feelings (of which I have none) to her. So anyway...I should find out tomorrow the fate of the dog and the mermaid and I will definitely post the results and any comments made by my professor.
3/2/08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Touche....since it's not a Theology class.
Signed, the Creepy One.
haha, I can't wait to see the results!
I'll be curious if the professor even notices the extra papers from his class!
I think Rose should write her next paper from a mental institution.
Post a Comment